gearbox trouble

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: gearbox trouble
From: "Chris Kent Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1993 10:56:04 PDT
So I finally tore into the GT6's gearbox. There are three problems:

1. The input shaft gear has two chipped teeth.

2. The bearing between input shaft and mainshaft disintegrated (found
the needles in the bottom of the case, no sign of the carrier). The tip
("spigot") of the mainshaft is a bit chewed and approximately .004" undersize.

3. One of the OD clutch linings is completely gone (the bits were in
the filter screen).

I know I can get a new input shaft from TRF among others; I'm not
worried about that.

I'm looking for a place that can reline my OD clutch - anyone know one?

I'm also looking for sources/ideas for a replacement mainshaft or a
decent repair. I know that I can get a new mainshaft from the UK, but
I'm in kind of a hurry...

Anyone got some spare parts sitting around at home?