back on the road...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: back on the road...
From: Peter Lee <petel@cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1993 23:44:42 -0400
Thanks, all, for the great suggestions and advice.

It appears that the bearing was stuck because some small bits and pieces of
the bearing had gotten wedged between the bearing and the stub axle.
Cutting through a bit of the bearing, plus application of lots of heat, got
it off.

Removal of the bearing revealed some pretty bad scoring underneath on the
stub axle.  I cleaned this up as best as I could with a file and emery
cloth, but I don't know what kinds of problems, if any, this might cause in
the future.

But at any rate, I'm ready to continue on my way to Pittsburgh, to complete
the 850-odd miles from Houghton, Michigan.  By the way, I'll be with the
car, along with all of the other TR6's, at the British Car Day of the
Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix this weekend. Stop by and say 'hi' if you're
in town.  I have the french blue '73 TR6...

Peter