oil coolers, fittings, etc.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: oil coolers, fittings, etc.
From: hill@ece.ucdavis.edu (Rich Hill)
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 93 14:54:58 -0700
With all the talk about oil coolers, thermostats, etc., one thing hasn't
been mentioned.  Are the threads used for these things universal.  That is,
if some parts (say, for example, the cooler) were purchased in the US
and other parts (for example, the adapter plate with integral thermostat)
were purchased in the UK, would these things work together, i.e. are the
threads the same? What are the threads used on these things anyway?

Thanks for all the help locating the cooler adapter with the thermostat.  I
got my catalog from Moss Europe today with all the neat little performance
goodies for MG's and everything is in there.  It's just that I don't want
to get all excited about these parts and find out later that they don't fit
together.

Rich Hill
hill@ece.ucdavis.edu