Re: Oil coolers and adapters

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil coolers and adapters
From: HERTZBERG JEAN R <hertzber@spot.Colorado.EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1993 14:09:07 -0600 (MDT)
 I've been talking with Dennis about getting a new oil cooler and thermostat
setup. My choices for a thermostat are `full flow' or `bypass'. I don't really
understand the relative merits. Aren't oil thermostats usually both full flow
and bypass? When cold the whole flow bypasses the cooler, and when open the
whole flow goes through the cooler?  This is for my 68 B, where currently
the entire output of the pump goes through the cooler and thence to the
filter.

-Jean H