Westward bound

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Westward bound
From: paisley@cme.nist.gov (Scotty Paisley)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 93 10:02:52 EDT
Robert Jones wrote 5 days ago:

 > p.p.p.s Scott Paisley, when is it again you planning to drive out west?

Man, it's amazing how much a little move across the country can turn
your days into nights, and outside things inside.  I have been
attempting to post for several days now, but travel and work (what an
excuse!) have been ramped up lately.  Nuff blithering....

Last week, I visited Boulder and met Lawrence & Anne Buja, Jean
Hertzberg, and David ??? (if I recall correctly).  It was great to
meet the front rangers, and they all welcomed me with some of the best
micro-brews I've had in...well, than I've ever had!  It was a great
time.  Thanks so much to you all, I look forward to parking the TR6 in
Colorado soon.

Anyway, I'm back! for this week, and then it's time to head west.
I've decided to take the trip in four 400 mile chunks, so that I don't
get to frazzled in the TR6. (or is that the other way around?)

Here's my itinerary:

        Sun Aug 1 - Washington - Dayton, Ohio
        Mon Aug 2 - Dayton, Ohio - St Louis, MO
        Tue Aug 3 - St Louis, MO - Wichita KS
        Wed Aug 4 - Wichita, KS - Great Bend, KS
        Thu Aug 5 - Great Bend
        Fri Aug 6 - Great Bend
        Sat Aug 7 - Great Bend, KS - Boulder, CO

The long stop in Great Bend is because I have family there, however on
the off chance that there is a SOL in central KS, I would be happy to
make a trip out.  Also, I may stay in Wichita an extra day, so if
anyone would like to visit in DooDah, then let's do! (dah).

The TR is just about ready.  Last check, I put in new tie rod ends,
and ball joints.  The 4 wheel alignment is coming this week.  It's
amazing how many shops won't touch the TR6 to align it.  (and if they
do, it costs $$$)

So, I should be just about ready.  I put over 120 miles on it this
weekend without too much of a mishap.  First gear was a bit of a pain
to get into now and then, I think my clutch is due to be bled.  The
tuneup may have to wait till the car reaches the front range, as I'm
just plain running out of time.

Has anyone towed anything with a LBC before?  I'm toying with the idea
of renting a small trailer to tow behind the TR6 since I really would
like to take more than an overnight bag along with me.  Without a
trailer, I think I can take most of what I want, but it will be quite
a tight fit.  Any ideas/comments on how to pack or tow are welcome!

---
He plays fast forward for as long as he can
But he won't need a bed --He's a digital man

-Scotty