Re: It's out!

To: tjhiggin@ingr.com
Subject: Re: It's out!
From: megatest!bldg2fs1!sfisher@uu2.psi.com (Scott Fisher)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 93 13:02:38 PDT
> The Clymer's manual gives a 12-step process for removing the engine.

You sure it wasn't described as a 12-step program? :-)

> As elated as I'm feeling now, I can't imagine how it must feel to
> crank up the first engine you ever rebuilt yourself.  I can't wait!

It is something every car enthusiast ought to try to work out at
least once in his or her life.  Bacon's quote about knowledge being
power was never more true than when the engine roars to life, you've
got oil pressure, and everything hums along as you bring it up to
temperature to let everything get seated.

And then when the car moves under its own power, power it generates
because of your own sweat, frustration, study, labor, backaches and
skinned knuckles, well, you want to do it all over again just to
have that feeling once more.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

--Scott