Sprite Rear Suspension

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Sprite Rear Suspension
From: Angus Grossart <angusg@spider.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 93 14:38:15 MET DST
My 1960 Healey Sprite just failed its MOT.

It failed because the metal arround the rear spring mounts was corroded.  The
Mk1 has quarter elliptic strings unlike later models(half elliptic).
The surrounding spring mount metal needs replaced.

1) Has any one out there performed a similar patch up operation?
Was is successful or did it reveal new problems?

Further, the chap at the garage says the rear strings are weak and will need
replaced soon.  They look fine to me.

2) How do I know if the rear quarter elliptic springs need replaced?

Thanks
Angus