Re: Oil cooler promontory

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil cooler promontory
From: mburdick@unmc.edu (Mike Burdick)
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 93 14:21:16 CDT
I have an oil cooler on my Mk 3 Spit and the oil filter is well clear of
the alternator.  I have seen oil cooler installations where there seemed
to be a clearance problem with the shock tower but I did not have this
problem when installing mine.  I used the thermostatic adaptor plate
offered by TriumphTune and it has been great.  Since the installation,
the car has run noticably cooler and oil pressure has been great.  Of
course an engine rebuild and an uprated oil pressure relief spring could
have something to do with the latter!

Good luck,
Mike
mburdick@unmc.edu