Oil cooler promontory

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil cooler promontory
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1993 10:25:45 -0700 (MST)
Greetings, O list.

Spitfire owners:  Anyone out there running an oil cooler?

Since the adapter would make the filter stand at least one inch
prouder* of the block, my inspection of the installation area
suggests that the filter might then interfere with moving the
alternator to slacken the belt.

It would be most annoying, not to say messy, to have to
remove the oil filter any time the fan belt needed to be removed.

Is this the case?  Oil-cooled spit owners please respond.

Thanks,
dan parslow
parslow@sunquest.com

* Just had to employ this Briticism once in my life.