GT6+ Miscellany...

To: uunet!autox.team.net!british-cars@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: GT6+ Miscellany...
From: cdenzler@sierra.com (Chris Denzler)
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1993 06:39:35 -0700
Well, the astrological signs have aligned for the time being, and my
'blinker blowing fuse' problem is temporarily in remission.  All I really
did was clean a couple of bulb sockets and the fuse box contacts.  As time
permits, I'll firm up some of the (many) grounds in the electrical system.

The PO (master craftsman that he was) had hose clamped the exhaust to the
rear sway bar.  A couple days ago, I got around to rubber mounting the pipe
in this area, but that fix didn't hold, and soon my  pipe was dragging the
ground.  I wanted to drive the car yesterday, so I crawled under and did
my own hose clamp job, (master craftsman that *I* am) at least I stuffed
some rubber in there between the pipe and the sway bar.

I lowered the jack and as sometimes happens, it dropped the car rather
quickly with a clunk.  I left the driveway to go to the store and heard a
couple of clunks and stopped.  "Damn, I thought sure I had the hose clamp
far enough away from the U-joint?"  I eased forward and there were no more
clunks, so I continued my trip to the store.  "Car rides better now, it's
odd that clamping the muffler should make that kind of difference"
  Arriving home, there is a big rusty bolt sitting in the road, right about
where I heard the clunk.  "Naw, couldn't be from my car"  In fact it was a
broken rotoflex bolt from the left rear.  So, after work I hope to extract the
rest of the bolt (sound of fingers crossing) and I suppose pick up another
bolt from a junkyard.

                          - Chris