Re: Picnic, fuses...

To: 72762.11@CompuServe.COM
Subject: Re: Picnic, fuses...
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 93 09:22:26 pdt

> Just a reminder for SF Bay Area SOL'rs...
>   Don't forget to  attend the picnic Sunday!!  Central Park, Santa Clara,
> aroung lunchtime!

Stan,

I think it might be a good idea to settle on just one of the parking
areas around Central Park to meet, otherwise our cars will be pretty well
spread out.  Since tire kicking is part of the ritual, it would be nice
if we're all, more ore less, together.

Here are the parking areas I'm aware of:

    Library/swim center parking on the east side of the park, off
    Homestead.

    Church parking on the south side of the park, off Homestead.

    Two areas west and south of the park, off Kiely.  One lot is near
    Homestead and the other is near Benton and is primarily for the rec
    center.

I think we should forget the Library/swim center parking area for two
reasons; 1) it's usually crowded, especially if there is a swim meet; 2)
it's quite a ways from the picnic/pavilion areas.  I'd also suggest not
parking in the rec center lot because of the distance to the picnic
areas.

That leaves the lot off Kiely, near Homestead and the St. Justins
church lot.  The church lot is larger and is fairly close to the picnic
area.  The down side to this lot is that there is a mass at the church
around lunchtime.  Still, there is plenty of excess parking, especially
next to the park itself.  The down side to the Kiely lot is that it's
smaller and access is slightly more difficult.  Also parking
availability may be uncertain at lunchtime; though I've usually been
able to park there during this period even on weekends.  I suggest we
pick one of these two lots.

Roland