Prince of LUCAS returns, one dark night...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Prince of LUCAS returns, one dark night...
From: LT40_481055@emuvax.emich.edu
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1993 13:51:59 -0400 (EDT)
Hello all, thanks for all the help on the Spit and Herald parts, I hope
I got to everybody with a personal thank you, but if I didn't, thanks all!!

Her's my problem, the other day, the screw holding my dimmer lever on my
'72 Spit worked loose and bounced around making a fireworks display
over various parts of the dash of the car.  I repaired it, but after
a few weeks, the headlights like to switch off at about five minute
intervals.  I say this because I was very catious of bumps and
they shut of once when I was sitting still in my driveway.
I haven't touched it yet, I think I'll make sure the wire didn't fray
in the fire and see if the switch is okay, as well as checking all
other conections.
All other lights stay on i.e. turn signals, side markers, don't
know about rear taillights, didn't drive by an mirrors, but the headlights
seemed the only ones affected.
Any Suggestions?   Is there a way to replace the switch with a standard
hardware store bought switch?
I do have a Haynes wiring diagram, so you can refer to that to help.
Thanks in advance,
Andy          Lt40_481055@emuvax.emich.edu