Backfiring B

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Backfiring B
From: mhdykes@Thinkage.On.CA (Maurice Dykes)
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 93 23:02:58 EDT
Can anyone tell me what backfiring between gearshifts usually indicates? I
have checked the dwell and it is spec for a 72 B but I am having trouble
getting the front carb to enrichen enough. Probable a leaky shaft. I
haven't got my hands on a timing light so that area is still unknown.

The interesting thing about this car is that it's a Brookland GT based on a
72 BGT body but with custom bodywork including pop-up headlights. This car
manufacturer was featured in the April 91 'British  Car' magazine. The
roadster version is my favorite however and looks loosely like a Elan only
racier.

The bad news is it's a friends car, not mine.  :-)