Differences between 1500 midget and spitfire trans.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Differences between 1500 midget and spitfire trans.
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 93 13:12:52 EDT
|Date: 8-11-93  1:08pm
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@autox.team.net}:BITNET
|Subj: Differences between 1500 midget and spitfire trans.
   I was looking through the TRF spitfire 1500 catlog last night, to see
if I could find any differences between the spitfire setup and the
midget setup.  Everything looks real good, except for the clutch slave
cylinder.  TRF lists a different slave cylinder for the later spits
(1978 and later I think).  I'm putting an '80 trans setup (the one I
bought has the bellhousing and rear extension, plus the whole release
bearing pivoy setup).  So, I'll be trying to fit a slave cylinder from
my old setup ('76 midget) to this new setup.
I'd like to know in advance if the old slave cylinder will fit right, so
I can minimise down time.  Anyone know?

  Later,
   Dean

P.S. - My free help is now very interested in helping me this weekend,
so I get to put my new trans in on Saturday, yeah!!!