Peripherally, Re: Lever Shocks

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Peripherally, Re: Lever Shocks
From: wily1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 93 11:21:20 EDT
when I bought my Sprite, it had been coverted to tube shocks all around.  The
front levers are still in place, as by virtue of supporting the upper end of
the spindles they seem rather important to my continued good health, but they
leak.  I have not checked or added to the fluid, as the previous owner had
gutted the damping valves and until now I figured it would be wasted effort.

I am wondering if I need to keep the fluid topped up to lubricate the pivot?
If not, I want to drain them to help clean up my engine compartment. IMHOs
welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Ernest Davis
wily1@aol.com
'66 Sprite (Bottle Grn,Ol' #11, DP. I like the Sprite in you...)
'73 Midget (Road Warrior, Red.  Coke adds life...)
8/12/93, 11:11