TR7 torque and torquing in general

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR7 torque and torquing in general
From: Jody Levine <jody.p.levine@hydro.on.ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1993 09:43:46 -0400
Greg, I'll look up the spec in my Robert Bentley manual and write you
tomorrow.

About torque specs for lubricated fasteners, while I had considered the
possibility that you'd actually give more turns to get to the same spec
for a lubricated bolt, I figured that it was the force on the bolt that
really matters and that the lubricated ones would come apart easier anyway.
Specifically, I'm a great fan of the silver anti-seize compound goop and
I'm wondering whether I should adjust the torque settings as a result. I've
never had any problems with the manual's settings (although I have come
across manuals that show vastly different settings for the same fastener
in different parts of the manual) but I don't want any problems, either.

Jody Levine - jlevine@rd.hydro.on.ca - Toronto, Canada - '79 TR7 Drophead