re:midget bearings

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: re:midget bearings
From: Bob Tufts <rbt@itc.Kodak.COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1993 10:42:42 -0400

A couple of weeks ago, I was a good wire wheel owner and took all of my
 wheels off, cleaned and greased the splines, and tighten them up good.  In
 doing so, I noticed that one of my rear tires and some kind of wet sheen to
 them.  I popped the brake drum cover off think I had lost a rear cylinder.  I
 had not.  This is good as I would hope those last more than a year.  Since I
 could not discover the source, I hoped against hope that it would go away.
 Two days later, I discovered three little puddles off the rear fender.  IN
 conclusion, I have a blown rear oil seal.

Gee, I seem to get a "wet sheen" on my tires ocaisionally, but the puddles
always turn out to be yellow! :-)  Sorry this wasn't the case for you (in
the financial sense, of course! :-)

-Bob T.