LBC to Datsun gearbox conversions

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: LBC to Datsun gearbox conversions
From: "Jester" <jester@dev2.invlogic.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1993 17:16:43 EDT
With all the talk lately of converting over to Datsun transmissions on
Midgets and Spitfires I was wondering if you could do the conversion
with an automatic instead of a standard?

The only reason I ask is that the GF can't quite get the hand of driving
a standard.  She wants to have one of my five Spitfires restored for her
to drive but I don't have the time and money to keep fixing the clutch
on a regular basis!

At the same time does anyone know what the gear ratios are for the datsun
transmissions?  I wanted to know if I would be better off changing my car
to a Datsun gearbox or finding an stock overdrive unit!

The Roadster Factory Summer Party '93

  I at the party from 8:15 on Friday night (intime for a few free beers
  and the movie) till about 1pm on Sunday.  I thought that it was a great
  weekend and well organized.  I was a little dissapointed though because
  of 186 Triumphs at the concours there was no Roadsters, Mayflowers,
  Heralds or Vitesses!  Oh well!

Jester!!!
--

--