Re: Jester's Spitfires

To: mars.esd.sgi.com!sgi.sgi.com!uu2.psi.com!megatest!bldg2fs1!sfisher@hoosier (Scott Fisher),
Subject: Re: Jester's Spitfires
From: robbp@healey_haven.esd.sgi.com (Robb Pryor)
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1993 11:52:19 -0700
On Aug 17,  9:13am, Scott Fisher wrote:
> Subject: Re: Jester's Spitfires
>
> You forgot my favorite part:
>                                                   / 4
>                           2                      o
>                           -----------
>                           |    |    |
>                           3    1    R
>
> It's that overdrive switch up on the dash that really makes the
> pattern.

If that is the case, you have a variable shift pattern.
The dash is only the standard place for the OD switch.  I've seen them on top
of the stick, on the side of the stick and near the rim, between the spokes of
the steering wheel.

> But it's *nothing* compared to the look of those cars with the windscreen
> folded!

Yeah, I wish they had kept that feature when they went to the 100/6.  (Hmm,
I wonder if the fold-down screen could be fitted to an early 3000....)

--
Robb Pryor                                  VLSI Group,
Phone: (415)390-1230                        Digital Sight and Sound Division,