Re: Jester's Spitfires

To: hoosier.cs.utah.edu!british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Jester's Spitfires
From: jeb@mtqua.att.com
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 93 09:09 EDT
Jester asks about the feasibility of putting a slip-o-matic
into a Spitfire:

>The only reason I ask is that the GF can't quite get the hang of driving
>a standard.  She wants to have one of my five Spitfires restored for her
>to drive but I don't have the time and money to keep fixing the clutch
>on a regular basis!

Blasphemy!  Don't do it!  But wait, the solution is obvious.  If your
GF can't learn to handle the gearbox, teach her to replace the clutch!
Actually, let her do that job once while you supervise, and I'm sure
she will accelerate on the learning curve as far as driving the box.
And you'll both be happier.

Jim Beckman   AH-100  (BN1 with the world's strangest shift pattern)

                          2

                          3    1    R