Like a pig in mud :-)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Like a pig in mud :-)
From: montnaro@ausable.crd.ge.com (Skip Montanaro)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 93 14:50:44 EDT
Last night I began the two or three evening process of replacing the main
and rod bearings on my TR-250. No sworking, just good clean fun. (Ummm,
better make that "dirty" fun.) The oil pan bolts were not terribly tight, so
there was oil and dirt pretty much everywhere on the underside of the car. I
managed to get the pan cleaned up pretty weel, though.

I do have a one question. Am I supposed to actually be able to get the oil
filter canister out of the car without removing the fuel pump or the clutch
slave cylinder? I must have fiddled with that thing for ten minutes before
deciding to let it rest between the frame and the engine block. I just
yanked the filter element for the time being. This would be a good test of
potential mechanics' aptitude...

Skip (montanaro@crd.ge.com)