gearoil saga

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: gearoil saga
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 93 11:03:59 EDT
|Date: 8-19-93  10:59am
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@autox.team.net}:BITNET
|Subj: gearoil saga
   After much deliberation and many phone calls, including one to
Redline, I decided to use the Redline MT-90 that I already had.  The guy
at redline said that he would recommend the MTL (75/80 wt I believe),
but that the MT 90 should work just fine, but shifting might be a little
slower.  So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I've never run into so
many differences of opinions for one application before.
   But, shes up and running again.  I need to fit a new collant
temperature gauge though, seems as though the old one got knocked around
too much during the swap.

  Later,
    Dean

P.S. - Very nice job on the SOL wear Pat.  Now if I can just keep from
getting grease marks on the new white sweatshirt.

   But, I went to have a Homebrew last night in my stein and I saw that
it was cracked.  I called Image Graphics and it's already straightened
out. Nice company.