Re: MGB

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, jhoward@usno.navy.mil
Subject: Re: MGB
From: dave@stargazer.pacdata.com (David Ambrose)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 93 09:48:57 PDT

>For the past 4 months, I have had an occasional problem with my MGB.
>Whenever I first start it for the day, if I am not careful, it will
>start missing.  The only cure seemed to be to drive back and forth in
>my apartment parking lot.  After a minute or two of this, the engine
>will suddenly start firing on all four cylinders, and for the rest of
>the day it will be fine.

        This could also be a stuck needle valve in the carb bowl.  When it
starts missing,  tap each carb bowl with a SMALL hammer or screwdriver
handle.  When you tap the affected bowl,  the cylinders should come back
within seconds.  This seems to be the failure mode for Grose Jets if
you're using them.

        Dave "aren't SUs fun?" Ambrose
        dave@pacdata.com