Transmission update

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Transmission update
From: paisley@central.bldrdoc.gov (Scott W. Paisley 303-497-7691)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 93 16:39:01 MDT
Hi ho, it's transmission man!

After putting the TR6 on the lift, the fellow at the shop found that
the clicking in the transmission was not comming from the transmission
at all.  It was from the overdrive.  He used a stethoscope and seemed
to really know his stuff.  Anyway, since these two units share fluid,
I have decided to have both of them rebuilt.  I have located a shop in
Denver (Kats british car service) that will charge $400 labor to
rebuild both units ($264 trans, $132 OD) + parts of course.  So I
should have both units completely redone for about half of what I
could get remanufactured boxes for, and should basically have a
remanufactured set when all is said and done.  I will let you all know
how this shop works out.

Anyway, Lawrence has offered his car port and jacks for me to remove
the trans.  We will be running the trans to the shop on friday or
Saturday morning to get the work done, and I should be putting the new
unit in no later than wednesday of next week.

*sigh* I know how you feel dean, just be glad that your midget isn't
your only source of motor transportation.  :-)

-Scotty