Re: British Engineering Triumph-ant.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (SOL)
Subject: Re: British Engineering Triumph-ant.
From: tjhiggin@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 93 11:53:54 CDT
> >(The Morris Minor, staid as it may seem, was the source of running gear
> >for an awful lot of cars, including the Spridget family...)
>
> And that's why our Spridgets run so darn well!!
>
> I kind of chuckled when I was admonished for not recommending
> "high performance" tires to a questioner on the list.  But you see,
> I don't think of stock Spridgets as high performance.  They're far
> too dependable for that catagory (and far too slow).

This reminds me of the quote:  "You can toss a Spridget about town
with reckless abandon and no one will even notice."  Anyone know who
said this first?  I seem to recall that it was someone fairly famous,
Stirling Moss maybe?
--
T.J. Higgins     | tjhiggin@ingr.com         | (205) 730-7922
Intergraph Corp. | Mapping Sciences Division | Huntsville, AL, USA