Re: Caterham 7!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Caterham 7!
From: vanmatre@nprdc.navy.mil (Nick Van Matre)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1993 14:24:00 -0700
Absolutely, Ben, Post about your new 7!  I have really been looking
forward to hearing about it; ALL the details.  I am sure that
many of us are getting lots of vicarious thrills from your
new acquisition.  This is probably about as close to owning a
7 as I will ever get; hence, it is your duty to create a virtual
7 for us through your writings!

My TR6: Tilley and I went to see about a new/used Robbins top--
alas, the "tan" is the same off-white color as existing top, and
is not a real brownish/beighish tan that I want.  While looking at
the top, this guy, a real bonifide LBC mechanic, couldn't stand it
and wound up getting into my carbies and my clutch hydraulic system.
I couldn't believe it; he worked for an hour and half FOR FREE because
he was concerned that Tilley was running too rich and that I was
concerned about clutch operation!  He certainly got a new client when
I DO need some professional care.  (He admits he is not much of a
business man.  However, he is well enough known such that another
customer there at his place in a San Diego 'burb, was from Newport
Beach, CA--about 130 miles away!  So, he is a heck of a nice guy.)

Nick