RE: Frustration revisited...

To: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Frustration revisited...
From: DANIELS@LMSBV2.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels, Texas A&M University)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1993 8:22:29 -0500 (CDT)
lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder) writes:
>Since space is so tight, I'm going to remove the seats by removing the two
>bolts each one pivots on. Then I'll remove the sliding rails, if possible.
>If it's too much trouble, I'm just going to leave them there and carpet
>around them. We'll see.

I got used to taking the seats out of my GT6's (for some reason ;-)...) and
found the best way was just to slide them all the way back, remove the two
front bolts (sliding rail to floor), then slide them all the way forward,
and remove the two rear bolts.  That should be all that's holding them to
the floor. You may have to pivot the seats forward to actually get to the
rear bolts, I can't recall (it's been 15 years)...and I was really skinny
then :-0  !  If I remember correctly, removing the bolts on which the seats
pivot is not only a real pain, it's even worse trying to get them back in.

Lee M. Daniels - Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding - Texas A&M
   daniels@lmsbv2.tamu.edu  |  DANIELS@TAMLMSB.BITNET  |  (409) 845-3726