TR6 Clutch Question.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Clutch Question.
From: dh0a@Lehigh.EDU (Donald L. Hardy)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1993 12:52:54 EDT
Hello.

Beatrice, my '74 TR6, has been showing an increasingly serious problem.  I
think the clutch is going, but am not sure, being reasonably new to this
stuff.  It started with a difficulty getting into reverse when she had been
running, then moved on to problems downshifting into third, and now is a
stickeness in getting into first from a stop.  She still shifts smoothly up
through the gears, and I can downshift into second and first (interestingly
enough) but I have to do something and soon.

My question:  The throw on the clutch is very short.  Could this be a clutch
pedal adjustment, or do I need to get the whole thing re-done?  She has about
57K miles.  Also, the clutch didn't seem to be slipping (or so a friend of
mine said when he engaged it partially and briefly with the brake on).

Thanks for the advice to a novice!

Donald L. Hardy           dh0a@lehigh.EDU                (215) 758 5110