Re: British Cars Digest #920 Fri Aug 27 10:21:59 MDT 1993

To: uunet!autox.team.net!british-cars@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #920 Fri Aug 27 10:21:59 MDT 1993
From: cdenzler@sierra.com (Christian R. Denzler)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1993 10:32:21 -0700
} From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com
} Subject: Frustration revisited...
}
} Well, thanks to Mike Burdick, who told me the nuts I was trying to turn under
} the GT6 are WELDED to the floor pan. Duh!

Don't feel bad, I didn't notice this until I had snapped off all the "rusted"
nuts.

}
} Since space is so tight, I'm going to remove the seats by removing the two
} bolts each one pivots on. Then I'll remove the sliding rails, if possible.
} If it's too much trouble, I'm just going to leave them there and carpet
} around them. We'll see.
}
} I used up all my body plugs I ordered and there are still more holes! Now I
} have to make another puny order with TRF to get the rest of the plugs. My
} vision of getting the car carpeted this weekend is rapidly fading. I'm still
} going to try to get the insulation cut and set in place, but not glued down
} until I get all the plugs in place. Hopefully I can get the carpeting in
} next week. I want to start on the dash next Saturday.

Been there, done that.  Just a couple of months ago, in fact.  Soon I'll have
to take the seats out again to track down the source of the fumes entering
the cockpit.  I think they're coming from near the shifter.  The PO "improved"
the design to allow the front ujoint to be greased from the interior of the
car.  By cutting a hunk out of the trans tunnel with a cutting torch and
duct-taping it back in place....

(unrelated seat stuff...)

My passenger seat was missing the lever to keep it from sliding back and forth.
I found that a 5lb. fire extinguisher would wedge behind the seat perfectly,
holding it in place.  ;-)   Not a bad idea after looking at the POs "wiring".

                                  - Chris