TR6 Advice - Follow-up

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Advice - Follow-up
From: Scott.Currier@Ceram.COM (Scott Currier)
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 93 09:55:19 MDT
I would like to thank everyone for their responses to my request
about the $3500 Triumph.

Unfortunately, by the time I got to the car to check it over, their
was another interested buyer.  I also seem to have remembered the
wrong price (Possibly since someone else was interested ;-) as it
was now $4900.  This was Thursday evening, and the soon to be PO
needed to leave.  Friday afternoon, I returned to check over the
car armed with my collective SOL wisdom, and found the car to be
quite solid, with the exception of the carbs (webers) which were
both leaking petrol, and in serious need of a rebuild, and the
radiator which appeared to have had a bottle of stop-leak flakes
dumped in. No biggie, you get used to bad radiators and dried seals
in Colorado. (Scott P.: watch your engine seals, they tend to dry out
when moved up here from sub-altitude ;-)

First thing Saturday morning, I found out that I have a buyer for
the Rolls Royce (I dropped it off Friday night at a specialty car
dealer in Denver)  I took this news as an omen, and dutifully headed
off to buy the TR6.

As I arrived, I noticed the other interested buyer had also shown
up, and was clutching his check book.  I girded for battle.
I offered $5000 (based on everyones advice), he countered $5200,
I bounced back $5500, he went $6000, and I left :-p  Quick battle.

The PO later told me not to be discouraged, that $6000 was top dollar
for that paricular car, and since I helped him get that much, that he
would find me a better deal.  (Maybe I should hold out for one of
his Healeys :-)

Anyway, I now seem to be brit-less, (with the exception of the
pseudo-brit-car, the DMC) and have a hole burning in my pocket
as well as one in my garage.  Considering how much room the absence
of the shadow has left in the garage, maybe I could fit in two or
three lbcs :-) any suggestions?

Regards,

Scott (putting away my "Oil Dry") Currier