Re: Re: Interesting car for sale

To: cobra@cdc.hp.com, megatest!bldg2fs1!sfisher@uu2.psi.com
Subject: Re: Re: Interesting car for sale
From: Kendall Robinson <kendallr@smtplink.chey.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 93 10:58:20 EST

> I've done much the same thing myself, with puddles of standing water
> on a drying racetrack, forcing someone who was trying to pass me to
> drive through deeper water that slowed his car and put me ahead.
> Thanks, Bob.

I understand Sterling Moss was fond of driving in the rain because
it sent up a horrendous rooster tail behind his car to which he would
add a bit of fish-tailing to scare the bejesus out anyone in his wake.

         I read an interview with Moss recently (I think it
         was in International Sportscar or Sportscar
         International or whatever it's called) where he
         said he really didn't like racing in the rain at
         all (who would, I guess).  He did however claim to
         use the rain as a psychological edge.  While
         everyone else was complaining and fretting about
         the conditions, he acted like he loved it.  He
         psyched people out and gave himself a bit of an
         edge in the process.

         Sorry about taking this thread even further off
         course.

         Kendall