RE: Capillary Temp Gauge

To: TUSLER%MP050@trenga.tredydev.unisys.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Capillary Temp Gauge
From: DANIELS@LMSBV2.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels, Texas A&M University)
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1993 13:55:20 -0500 (CDT)
Philippe Tusler writes:
> Does anyone know what the fluid in a capillary-tube temperature gauge
>is? (DiEthyl Ether?). And where can you get about 5cc of it?

Sure, I just walk into my lab across the hall and get it out of the metal
bottle that it comes in.  If it is indeed diethyl ether, you just need to
find a friend who is or knows a chemist.  Or perhaps a drug dealer, they
use it to make crack from raw cocaine.  Wherever you find it, be careful,
;-) its extreme volatility means a nearby spark can send your garage into
orbit. :-( (This is what happened to Richard Pryor's face several years ago.)

Lee M. Daniels - Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding - Texas A&M
   daniels@lmsbv2.tamu.edu  |  DANIELS@TAMLMSB.BITNET  |  (409) 845-3726
    "Bury the hatchet, but leave the handle stickin' out"  -G.Brooks