Re: Midget wheels

To: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CC
Subject: Re: Midget wheels
From: phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1993 10:36:25 -0500 (CDT)
Midget wheels are on a 4" bolt circle, same as Vega/Monza/Sunbird(RWD)

Suggest you call Tire Rack (800) 428-8355, as they know what a Midget is.

Check your offset. This is not hard to do.  You want to make sure the tire
clears the leaf spring.  I have posted the instructions before, and will
again if there is interest.

5.5" is a typical width for aftermarket rims,
there are some 5" too.   Vicky Brit and Moss sell the fake Minilites for
about $120 each I think.  The new Minilites from Select Sales are cheaper,
I believe.  Call (305) 888-2828 in Florida.

The hot setup for handling for autocross, etc, is 6" wheels with
185-60-13, but since you are more into cruising at speed, any 5" wheel
with 175-80-13 should do.  Watch the tire clearance, but the jacked-up
stance of the Spitfidget should help.

Aluminum wheels from Monza came in both 5" and 6", you might pick up some
from a wreck.  Or some steel wheels from this series of cars.  NOT the
Chevette, it is a World Car and has 100mm bolt circle.