more 3.5L V8 info

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: more 3.5L V8 info
From: marrone@optilink.com (Frank Marrone)
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 93 09:48:19 PDT
The British versions of the 215 V8 have some advantages over the
Buick/Olds versions.  I have listed some of these below, the
British motor I made these obsevations from was out of a 1980(81?)
TR8.

1.  Windage Tray
2.  Less casting flash on block, especially around lifter bores
3.  Larger and much smother intake and exhaust ports

There are some trick headers available from the folks who sell
the MGB V8 conversion Kits (British Parts Direct) and Edelbrock (sic)
sells a 4-BBl manifold which uses the split runner design and has
a very low profile (fits under the hood of your MGB V8), I think
the P/N is 7001.

In 1963 a normally asperated version of the 215 was offered with
10.5:1 compression and advertised 200HP.  I haven't seen anybody
mention this one yet but since I owned a Skylark convertible with
this engine ahead of a T-10 4-spd I thought I would.

Frank Marrone at marrone@optilink.com