Re: Newbie's questions about winter storage.

To: dubs_cif@uhura.cc.rochester.edu
Subject: Re: Newbie's questions about winter storage.
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 93 09:47:10 pdt
> From: Jeremy DuBois <dubs_cif@uhura.cc.rochester.edu>
> Subject: Newbie's questions about winter storage.
> To: british-cars@autox.team.net
> Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1993 12:18:34 -0400 (EDT)
>
>   I need advise as to what to do with the thing to keep it content through the
> winter.  I've seen that "store-and-start" gas additive advertised, does that
> do anything useful?  I've also heard you should start it every so often to
> keep the seals and such from drying out.  How often should this be done.
>   Any and all other advise would be welcomed. thanks,

Some (perhaps all??) gas stabilizers contain chemicals that the rubber
seals in the fuel systems of some of our older British car may not
care much for.  I'd check into this first.  Probably you're just as well
off keeping the tank topped off.  I'll send you a copy of the storage
article I transcribed from the SHELBY AMERICAN a couple of years back.

BTW,  running your car for a few minutes every few weeks or so is NOT
a good idea.

Roland