Re: Panasport's or what?

To: gss@acd4.acd.com
Subject: Re: Panasport's or what?
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 93 14:00:55 pdt
> From: gss@acd4.acd.com (Gregory S. Stier)
> Subject: Panasport's or what?
> To: british-cars@autox.team.net
> Date: Mon, 4 Oct 93 14:41:51 EST
> Cc: gss@uunet.UU.NET (Gregory S. Stier)
>

> Interestingly enough, I was also asking about those 8 spoke Minilite look-
> alikes (knockoffs, knockons, whatever) they sell and the guy at MOSS said
> "You _DO NOT_ want those!".  Upon asking why, he said they are _VERY HEAVY_!
> The center section is a solid chunk of steel perfect for maximizing
> _UNSPRUNG WEIGHT_.  He suggested finding a set of real Minilites.  I've
> seen these advertised in "Thouroughbred and Classic Cars" Magazine.  I guess
> someone is actually making real Magnesium Minilites again.  Anyone know what
> these go for?  He also suggested I try to find a set of "Cosmic" wheels.  He

British Wire Wheel's Minilite reproduction ad says, "...these alloy
wheels make them appropriate for vintage racing."

They're available splined, direct-bolt on and direct-bolt on with "mock"
knock-off set up.  But, the only available size is 15" X 6" and they are
a bit on the pricey side.  The price in the ad (which is at least a year
old) is $220 for the direct-bolt.  The others are more expensive.