Re: SOL spit sagacity sought...

To: DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM
Subject: Re: SOL spit sagacity sought...
From: mjb@triumph (Mark J Bradakis)
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 93 14:29:40 -0600
How much authenticity do you want to keep?  The things I would suggest
doing would be to go to a 9:1 compression and the twin SU carb setup of
the Mark 3 and home market 1500s.  All of the 1500s, regardless of the
destination, had the 18-58 cam.  Going to a Mark 2 Spit grind while you've
got the motor apart might be worthwhile.

If you keep the stock exhaust manifold and system, though, no point in
changing the cam or carbs.

Actually, come springtime, I hope to have a better handle on just what the
various changes on a 1500 motor can do for you.  Drop by Tinker Day this
Saturday at The Fat Chance Garage and I'll help with the tuning.  If you
happen to be in Salt Lake, that is!

mjb.