triumph blink rate

To: uunet!autox.team.net!british-cars@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: triumph blink rate
From: cdenzler@sierra.com (Christian R. Denzler)
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1993 07:00:12 -0700
}
} Date: Mon, 4 Oct 93 19:57:41 -0400
} From: jesup@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com (Randell Jesup)
} Subject: TR6 flasher/directionals
}
}       I just replaced the flasher unit in my '70 TR6.  After installing
} it, I still had no blinks until I fiddled with the rear bulb carriers to
} give them a better ground (stupid design).  That made the right side work,
} in fact it flashes annoyingly fast.  The left side, though, is about .5
} hertz, or maybe .25Hz, and then only if the engine is running.

<further explanation, PO stories, etc...>

Well here's another data point.  My '70 GT6+ has similar symptoms.  The left
blinker works at 0.1 +/- 0.1 hz.  The right one pauses to collect it's
thoughts, then starts blinking, then gets really revved up and puts out rapid
fire morse code.  About a week ago I was repairing the blinker wires in the
steering column after a tiny electrical fire.  (interesting how sometimes
the fuse won't blow)   After screwing my blinker switch up, I bit the
bullet and ordered a new one.  I am determined now to fix the blinkers so
they work correctly.  Another GT6+ owner on the list (who shall remain
nameless :-) ) has confided that he experiences similar behavior.
   (Oh yeah, the blinkers worked perfectly for about 1/2 hour after I
bought the car.... )

                           - Chris