The new engine: Once upon an MG

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: The new engine: Once upon an MG
From: Dennis <IEDXW@asuvm.inre.asu.edu>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1993 18:01:02 -0700 (MST)
I'm finally starting the rebuild of my NEW engine.  Its been in labelled bags
for about 6 months (I bought an engine with 40K miles and overdrive tranny
from a 1500cc 1980 Spit for $200).

I plan of spending lots of $$ and producing a fast, reliable, long lived
motor for my 1500 Midget.  So I've routed out a state of the art machine
shop who deal with racing engines and have worked on Brit cars.  I have
an appointment to talk with the co-owner about the mods to the motor.
The place is called "Kip Martin machine" down here in  its-still-100-degrees-
Phoenix.
My goal is to work within very small tolerances, put it together like a
watch, and have stress reduction work done on critical parts and hardening
of things like the crank.  I might go as far as having it all polymer
coated and pistons hard anodized etc etc.
I'll keep you all informed

Cheers Dennis