Crankshaft nut......its off

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Crankshaft nut......its off
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 93 09:00:53 CDT
Sorry about all rhe bandwidth waste on this problem.
Anyway....It came of 2 days ago....I'm now battling with the flywheel!

Second thing...

I've noticed looking at my car, flicking through haynes, various catologues
that there is a emission system of the Midgets (I have a '74, VIN:
GAN5UE143058G Eng: 12V?????? (can't remember the rest)). I see there is meant
to be an air pump and so on. I DO have tubes and things which go to an evap.
canister and around the valve cover and carbs but I DO NOT have an air pump.
Now either (1) I can't remeber what I've removed from the engine, (2) I've lost
several parts i.e. they are not baggied or (3) I DON'T have an air pump...I'm
confused. Does it run
of the carbs or something, or use pressure from the engine?? I'm really
sure that I don't have an air pump, because the ones in the catologues run
of the fan belt. My fan belt only runs the alternator and fan.

Someone please set me right!

Marcus