Problem with GT6...

To: b-c@tin.monsanto.com
Subject: Problem with GT6...
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 93 09:55:43 -0500
The Car: 1969 Triumph GT6+
Environmental Conditions: Cool, about 50 degrees F. Raining and wet.

I went to the dentist at 8 this morning. After leaving, I started up the GT6+
and whipped it left on my way out of the parking lot. It died. Suddenly and
completely. I rolled it back to a parking spot and piddled with the engine.
Fuel is getting pumped, but I don't think there was any spark. After piddling
a while - Vroom! - started up and ran like a top. I buttoned it up and whipped
it left on my way out of the parking lot. It died. Suddenly and completely. I
rolled it back to a parking spot and piddled with the engine. Suddenly -
Vroom! - it started right up and ran like a top. Just for grins, I whipped it
RIGHT this time - ran great.

My keen mind then figured out that the car ran great unless I turned left. I
left the lot and made my way to work on back streets. There was one fairly
sharp left on one street, and even when I slowed down, it coughed and
sputtered and finally died on that curve. After stopping, I started it again
and zoomed off!

In the parking lot here at work, I whipped it left into the parking spot and
it coughed and sputtered again!

So, the car runs fine unless I'm turning left. My guess is that there is a
wire that is grounding out or losing contact when it gets forced rightward
from a left turn. Any other ideas? Or, am I watching too much Rush Limbaugh?

Thanks,

Larry