Car storage for winter - 73 Midget

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Car storage for winter - 73 Midget
From: hentges@ssd.comm.mot.com (Tom Hentges)
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 93 12:54:01 CDT
Would anyone have information on the best way prepare a 73 midget that must sit
outside
during this up coming cold Illinois winter. I have planned to raise the car off
of its
tires and cover it with a tarp. I apologize if this information is already
available.

The car body is not A-1 shape but I want to preserve the car and brake work I
have
recently finished. The car will be sitting behind my house so my wife can have
her half
of the garage back for the winter.

My specific questions:

1) How to cover the car to best perserve it in snow and rain? What type of tarp
is good
   for this purpose. (Plastic, canvas?)
2) How to keep the new brake lines and rotors just installed from rusting to
badly?
3) Preparing the engine. Any special lubricant to keep the pistons and
drivetrain free?
4) How to keep little furry animals from calling it home?

You can post to the net or email me directly.  I will post the results of
direct email
if others have an interest.  Thanks for your help.

Tom Hentges
(hentges@ssd.comm.mot.com)