Need rods for 1500 Spit/Midget

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Need rods for 1500 Spit/Midget
From: Dennis <IEDXW@asuvm.inre.asu.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1993 17:01:01 -0700 (MST)
Does anyone have some rods with matching caps for a 1500 Spit/Midget or
even a 1296cc Spit??

The ones I have from the 1500 motor I had have the most bizzar feature.
The bolt holes in the rods have been drilled right through the rod, i.e., they
are not blind ending.  because the caps are off-set, one of the rod bolt
holes is long and they totally ruin  the structural integrity of the rod
making them useless for my high powered engine.  The rods in my existing
1296 engine (in the Midget, yes it is a 1296cc not a 1275 A series) do
not have the holes right through so if I can't get any I'll have to rip
apart that motor to get them.

Cheers Dennis