Re: What a Weekend! Bought a TR4A

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, jbrannan@hprpcd.rose.hp.com
Subject: Re: What a Weekend! Bought a TR4A
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 93 15:40:42 -0700
Jim, glad to see that you are an official TR owner now. Just as well that you
passed up that white TR4 with the surrey top (though that top was very nice).
It needed a new lower front valence, front bumper, and interior.  This wouldn't
have been bad but he was asking top price for the car.

I'm a bit concerned about your new TR loosing a front A arm joint.  Those are
tough cars.  While you have it at the doctors, have the mechanic look over
the entire car and provide you with a list of things that need to be done to
put it in top shape.  Then find a second British car shop & have them do the
same thing.  As a new to British cars new owner, you should find out as soon
as possible what shape it is in and what needs to be done to get it into top
shape.  I'm a little concerned that the dreaded previous owner (PO) might not
have taken good care of it and possibly left you with a pile of worms.

If you just happened to notice a green with white top long bed Land Rover in
the parking lot, it was mine.

Take care,

TeriAnn
Owner of a once and future TR3A