What a Weekend! Bought a TR4A

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (British Cars)
Subject: What a Weekend! Bought a TR4A
From: Jim Brannan <jbrannan@hprpcd.rose.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 93 10:38:39 PDT
Wow, what a weekend!

First I'd like to thank all those that had varying inputs/info on LBCs.
You may recall I WAS, repeat WAS, looking for a TR250 or TR6.  Well, I now
own a wonderful TR4A.

Friday night I took my wife to Triumphest in Sacramento, CA since she had
to work on Saturday.  There were a few TRs around, enough for her to be
convinced the TR4 was what she liked best.  I could tell the show the next
day would be fun.

Well, I'll keep the story short.  I made an offer on a real real nice TR4
with a real orig surrey top, and one thing after another and a delay or two,
I was too slow to get back to accept his offer.  We even begged but no luck
as it was tentatively sold.

I learned a lot at the event and took home soe good documents.

Monday, I drive to Benicia, CA and bought a TR4A.  She's red with a completely
new interior.  She smokes, blue smoke that is.  It needs engine work. Sounds
like rings. Drove nice.

The bad news...good too that it happened now... on the way towing it home the
front left lower A-arm rear joint broke from the frame.  I took it to British
Car Service on the way home and she's staying in the "hospital" for a bit.
I understand this is common and the president of the local British Car Club
had this done to his recently.  Well, better now that while being driven.

As soon as she comes home, I'll be assessing the extent of the rebuild that
she needs and contacting (and joining) the local club for some Q&As.

I'll be posting queries on rebuild info to the net over the coming weeks.
There's three wood projects to go then its into the oil and grease!

Regards,

Jim Brannan                Love that TR4A
Rocklin, CA                email via  jbrannan@hprpcd.rose.hp.com
916-785-4776 Weekdays