Re: Engine paint and trivia

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine paint and trivia
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1993 11:15:53 -0400 (EDT)
Roger Garnett wrote that big Healey's and some Sprite/Midgets had engines
painted light metallic green.

I am not sure about the spitfidgets, but I believe the BMC A series
engines in Spridgets were olive green.  Big Healey engines were light
metallic green.  I've never seen a Spridget A series engine painted light
metallic green, but I admit I have only seen a tiny subset of all Spridget
engines.

Re: the trivia contest.  I did well, but I am extremely disappointed to
hear that a "knave key" was not a prized possession in the days of
crusades and chastity belts.

Ray Gibbons, in Burlington VT, where the trees are absolutely beautiful!