Stupid fluff

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Stupid fluff
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1993 12:46:30 -0400

        Chubby box sounds like very boastful or very degrading
term that might arise after a serious night of boozing ...
This is some sort of a typo right?

woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu

From  rwg1@cornell.edu Tue Sep 11 11:54:47 2001
From: (Roger Garnett) rwg1@cornell.edu
To: datsun-roadsters@hoosier
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1993 07:38:10 -0400
Subject:       Sealing your car.

From:           eldred@rrunner.jpl.nasa.gov (Dan Eldred)

>The biggest problem I see is getting new weatherstripping, particularly
>for the windshield.  Does anyone know of a place that makes "generic"
>weatherstripping.

For stuff that isn't available from car-specific mail order sources, there
are 2 big rubber repro places I'm aware of. They make extruded stuff
(weather stripping) and molded stuff (light gaskets, etc.). They may also
make new parts using your old as a template. There *may* be an extra charge
for custom work, but such stuff will often be added as a future offering,
once the mold or template has been made.

Metro Molded Parts (can't find the address right now)

and

Steele Rubber Products
1601 Hwy 150 East
Denver, NC  28037
800 544-8665
704 483-6650 FAX
704 483-9343 Info
Product Line: reproduction rubber parts, weather
striping, etc.
480 Page Catalog $2

From:           Datsun Dave Coleman <dcoleman@jarthur.Claremont.EDU>

>    I redupholstered my doors and had the same problem with dissolved
> panels.  My (cheap) solution was to simply trace the shape of the old
> panels onto a piece of cheap fake-wood wall paneling
> They soak up less water than the originals, but they still
> soak up some.

You're missing a key part. Get some heavy plastic, like the 4 and 6 mil
rolls from a building supply store, and cut out a piece the size of the
door panel. Glue the plastic directly to the door, around the edges and any
holes you need to make. (Window winder) This keeps moisture which runs down
the window to the inside from damaging your inner panel. Make sure your
door drain holes are clear so water can get out again as well.
   ________
  /___  _  \    Roger Garnett            (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /|   ||  \ \   Agricultural Economics  | "The South Lansing Centre
| |___||  _  |  3 Warren Hall           |  For Wayward Sports Cars"
| | \  |   | |  Cornell University      | (Lansing, NY)
 \|  \ |__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801 | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-2522          | Safety Fast!