re MGB Zenith to SU conversion

To: british stuff <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: re MGB Zenith to SU conversion
From: Stieber A <stiebera@db.erau.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1993 15:35:13 -0400 (EDT)
I have a 77 MGB with dual HIF6's that passes Wisconsins tailpipe emissions
with ease. This car has no emissions controls except for a crankcase
breather. My state fails my car on visual inspection, even though tailpipe
emissions are within limits.

I got it to pass as my car is considered exempt from a visual inspection
due to its age.

The conversion is very simple and the power differenc is enormous! If you
can tune the SU's properly they will pass emissions, a CO meter is
required or an SU god.