Berkshire British Motor Club; Our trivia contest

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Berkshire British Motor Club; Our trivia contest
From: jhoward@atlas.usno.navy.mil (James Howard)
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 93 15:39:07 EDT
   tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze) writes:

 > I taught my other half how to drive a stick shift and at the first junction
 > told her to 'change gear'...I got a funny look as if to say 'why the hell
 > should I change my clothes now...I'm having a driving lesson'!

In a similar vein, I just took a girl to lunch today.  She was telling
me how her whole family has always had stick shift cars.  Then one
day, she borrowed a friend's automatic.  She was at a traffic light when
the engine stalled.  She tried to start it again, but the key wouldn't
turn.  So she decided to go call for help, except she couldn't get the
key out of the ignition either.  Deciding that if she couldn't move
the key, no one else could either, she ran to a phone booth and called
her friend.  After some discussion, her friend finally asked, "Did you
put the transmission in Park first?"

James