Re: Rover V6

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rover V6
From: pgarside@acorn.co.uk (Paul Garside)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 93 12:18:12 BST

     Scott Fisher says:
                 Someone else said:
                 > Dear fellow SOLs,
                 >
                 > I was leafing through some Rover literature and noticed that
they
                > offer an all-aluminum V6.

     > Yee-ha!  They *sell* that motor?  Buy me one, Daddy, please!
      >This is the motor that powered the short-lived M.G. Metro 6R4 rally

Sorry to disappoint you, but this is more likely to be the Honda 2.7 V6
Rover use in the  800-Series (827), which you may know as Sterling, of
blessed memory. Rover and Honda have a 20% cross-shareholding and Rover use
a number of Honda engines (1.6 single and twin cam and the V6, I believe) in
their range. They are gradually being replaced by derivatives of the
excellent all-alloy Rover K-Series 4-cylinder 16-valve twin cam - a V6 is
planned
soon - as Rover can make engines more cheaply.

Paul.